Inspired by the creativity, enthusiasm & passion of Startups, we founded a different kind of IP firm. We operate like a Startup, providing tailor-made services and keeping overhead low by operating virtually. We are driven to find the best IP fit to protect your brilliant inventions.
Our services are dynamic to meet individual needs at various stages of growth. We rely on our international network of trusted specialists to provide additional competences as needed.
At our core are years of experience using Patents & Designs to protect inventions - from a complete drafting & filing service to just reviewing an Application or letter written elsewhere.
We are continuously learning, providing up-to-date advice on alternatives such as Trade Secrets, Trademarks, I-DEPOTS, Utility Models & active monitoring.
Using our in-depth legal & procedural knowledge, we can get EU, US or NL Patent Applications granted quicker, improving the strength and value of the rights.
Although we love to work with Startups & SME’s, our services can be tailor-made for any size & type of organization. We also provide IP & patent awareness training for those wanting to improve their IP culture & knowledge.
Pete Pollard (Protector of Brilliant Inventions)
(2021): "The designer of a dynamic, flexible, cost-effective & personal service at Fireball Patents, and an easy recommendation for patent prosecution. He procures valuable rights with great efficiency, giving his clients the benefit of strong and quick protection. Sources appreciate his friendly and open-minded approach."
- European & Dutch Patent Attorney
- European Industrial Designs Attorney
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- Specialist in European and PCT Patent Law
- Expert author for online / book legal reference PCT.App
- Author of EQE & study references
- Amazon author
- IAM Patent 1000 Individual
Technical expertise: physics, software, electronics, mechanics as applied in the fields of data & image processing, payments, communications, medical devices, materials, particle optics & optics.
Fluent in English and Dutch. Working knowledge of German.
More than 10 years experience:
- Patent & Utility Model drafting & prosecution
- Giving strategic IP advice
- Acceleration of European or Dutch patent grant
- Oppositions & Appeals before the EPO
- Filing of EU Trademarks & Registered Designs
- IP & patent awareness training
- Training attorneys to pass the European bar (EQE)
- Presentations on strategic use of patents
- Patent law workshops
- Expertise in marketing of patent services
- Experience in IP business development
PCT.App - online and print PCT Reference